Also in 2020 we roll out our mats in a very special place: At the end of August we go to the retreat in Portugal! In the true sense of the word “re-treat”, the stay offers the opportunity to withdraw and fully reflect on oneself. For this purpose, we use the paths of Ashtanga Yoga, which follow Asana and Pranayama: Pratyahara, Dharana and Dhyana. Depending on the flight option, we will enjoy nine or ten days of rest, relaxation and the Portuguese sun: one of four events of Ashtanga Yoga Raum Frankfurt. A wonderful way to let go.
The Casa Shanti (House of Peace) is a traditional, restored farm inland and offers everything you need for a shared retreat and a relaxing time: of course a yoga and meditation room, a winding garden, a small pool and the typical landscape around it (the accommodation is not far from the coasts known for the giant waves!). On the large estate you will find plenty of re-treat places to relax, meditate and exchange ideas.
We are accommodated in double rooms (the beds are separable), in quasi-single rooms (2x) and a single room in several stone houses. Each house has its own living room, bathroom and a separate kitchen.
Freshly cooked for us twice a day: organic-organic and vegetarian/vegan. Brunch is served after the yoga practice at 10.30 a.m. and dinner at 6.30 p.m. Any intolerances can be addressed.
You can also grab coffee, tea, water and fruit at any time. All inclusive! And if you’re missing something else: Ask for it and you get it! Only alcohol, meat and tobacco are excluded from the included offer.
The daily routine:
08:00 a.m. – Mysore-Practice
10:30 a.m. – Brunch together
5:00 p.m. – Theory or Practice classes
6:30 p.m. – Dinner together
8:00 p.m. – Meditation and Mantra
I recommend choosing an early flight, e.g. the one above, so that we can drive to the accommodation collected and enjoy a nice, relaxed, full day of arrival. Further informations I will send after the registration and gladly also on request by e-mail before.
Check-out is on Sunday, September 6<sup>th</sup>, after brunch. Depending on the flight option, we will spend a relaxing day together at Casa Shanti.
The climate neutrality:
It was far from clear whether the retreat would take place again in 2020. The reason is that current climate change requires us to change our lifestyles. Air travel, our diet, and our sprawling lifestyle are gradually destroying the planet we live on. At AYRF, I really want to get into action instead of empty words. In the year 1 after Thunberg I decided to organize a climate-neutral retreat. This means:
Excessive meat consumption is climate killer #1. The food therefore remains vegan/vegetarian.
Air travel is A CO2 slingshot. The return flight to Portugal costs approx. 350kg CO2 per person (generously rounded up 400kg CO2 to reflect other consumption on site). To compensate for this amount of CO2, AYRF supports afforestation projects in German mixed forests that at least compensate for this consumption. The additional financial expenditure amounts to 10 € per person. The amount may be increased on a voluntary basis by the participants.
On site, we rely largely on regional products and reduce our waste to a minimum. We also treat nature with an appreciative and careful approach.
€ 1.530,- per person in a single room with private bathroom and entrance.
€ 1.380,- per person in a quasi-single room, shared bathroom.
€ 1.280,- per person in a double room.
Prices are incl. VAT, excluding travel costs
For a binding booking, 50% will be charged as a deposit. The remaining 50% will be due on March 31st 2020.
€ 10,00 per person for climate neutrality (on a voluntary basis more). This supports afforestation projects in Germany.
Money should also not stand in the way of regular participation in Ashtanga Yoga Retreats. For this reason, AYRF has the principle of solidarity. After consultation, AYRF also offers participation on a solidarity basis.
The cancellation costs:
Until March 31st 2020 25% of the total costs will be incurred as cancellation costs, until April 30th 2020 50%, until May 31st 2020 75% and after May 31st 2020 100%. If the participant finds a replacement on his own, the cancellation costs are waived.